Tekuno places a high emphasis on both security and privacy in our operations. We regularly assess and update our security protocols to ensure they align with the latest industry standards.
Tekuno utilises the security that Stripe provides. Stripe uses a combination of software and hardware security measures to secure their data, including SSL/TLS encryption for all data in transit and AES-256 encryption for data at rest. Additionally, Stripe is PCI DSS compliant, which is a security standard established by the major credit card companies to ensure that merchants and service providers protect cardholder data. These measures help to ensure that customer data is kept secure and private while being processed through Stripe's payment system.
Additionally, Tekuno utilises NEAR Protocol’s security. NEAR Protocol uses a combination of symmetric and asymmetric encryption to protect data, ensuring that only authorised parties can access the information.
Business continuity and disaster recovery
Tekuno is built on the NEAR Protocol which is a blockchain that uses both data backup and decentralisation as key features to ensure the security and resilience of the network.
Data backup refers to the process of creating and maintaining copies of important data, so that it can be restored in the event of data loss or corruption. The NEAR Protocol has a built-in mechanism to backup the data stored on the network, which is done by creating multiple copies of the data and storing it in different locations across the network. This ensures that even if one copy of the data is lost, there are still other copies available to restore it.
Decentralization refers to the distribution of power and control among multiple parties, rather than having a single central authority. The NEAR Protocol uses a decentralized network structure, where each node on the network is responsible for maintaining a copy of the ledger and validating transactions. This ensures that the network is resistant to attacks and that the data stored on the network is safe.
Security monitoring and protection
- We employ a comprehensive security monitoring strategy to gain visibility into our organisation's security posture and identify potential threats or attacks. This allows us to quickly respond to security incidents and minimise the impact of any breaches.
- To accomplish this, we utilise various security monitoring solutions such as error monitoring, alerting, and anomaly detection technologies. These tools are integrated into all of our production systems to ensure that we are able to detect and respond to any security incidents in a timely manner.
- In addition to these active monitoring solutions, the data is stored on the NEAR blockchain and the logs are accessible forever. This provides us with the activity of our systems and allows us to identify patterns or anomalies that may indicate a potential security threat. This data is also useful for forensic analysis in the event of a security incident, and can help us to improve our security posture over time.
- Furthermore, we also have an incident response plan in place to minimise the impact of security incidents and make sure that we are able to quickly and effectively respond to any security breaches that occur. This includes regular testing and updating of the incident response plan to ensure that it is up-to-date and effective in the event of an incident.
- Overall, security monitoring and protection is an ongoing process that requires constant vigilance and attention. We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of security for our organisation and its data, and will continue to invest in the latest technologies and best practices to ensure the safety and integrity of our systems.
Tekuno is committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union. It is designed with features that ensure the privacy and security of user data. All user data is encrypted and stored securely, and users have the right to access their data, request a correction of errors, delete their data, and view the data handled by Tekuno.
Tekuno also provides users with complete transparency, allowing them to understand how their data is being processed and who has access to it. Tekuno is also compliant with the rights of the user, such as the right to be informed, the right to access, the right to rectification, the right to portability, the right to restrict or object, and the right to erasure.
Our product utilises the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) through Stripe. PCI DSS is a set of requirements developed to ensure the secure handling of payment card information. With Stripe's PCI DSS-compliant payment processing, merchants can accept payments securely and rapidly without worrying about the safety of their customers' data. Tekuno makes sure that all customer data is stored securely and meets the highest security standards.